Dear Families of Delevan Drive Community,
We were deeply saddened to hear the news of the school shooting at Robb Elementary School in Texas. Our thoughts are with the members of that community. The safety of our students and staff is always the top priority. We take seriously our responsibility to ensure the safety of your child every day.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind all our families of the safety measures Delevan Drive Elementary currently have in place.
- Secured one-point of entry door in the main office used during the school day
- Office staff must permit access in order for the door to release and allow entry
- Identification is checked for anyone entering the campus who is not a district approved volunteer
- Since 2021, a Daily Pass requirement for students and staff to be on campus
- Delevan performs monthly school wide emergency drills for fire, shelter-in-place, and earthquake drills
- Only staff, students, and approved volunteers are allowed on campus
- Campus is locked during the day
- Delevan employs two Campus Aides who help monitor the campus during the day
- Walkie-talkies are used by administrators, campus aides and custodial crew to maintain constant communication
- (The National Child Traumatic Stress Network – English/Spanish)
- (National Association of School Psychologists)
- (Child Mind Institute)
Our top priority is to ensure that our safety measures are in place for our students and staff. In any emergency, we will always contact our families as quickly as possible to provide the most accurate information. Thank you all for your continued support and partnership in working to ensure the safety of your children.